Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Kitchen Guy and Bathroom Ideas

We met with the kitchen guy on Monday. We already had a plan which we are pretty much sticking to. The local radio station had an Auction late last year and we bid on and won a $15,000 kitchen (installation not included) which we paid $7,500 for so we are pretty happy. The kitchen guy said our kitchen is pretty basic so we should get everything under cost but it may be extra for soft closing draws but we're still hoping we can get it all under the $15,000 limit.

This is the colour scheme I am liking at the moment. What do you think? Leave a comment and let us know. You can see a bigger picture here: http://www.polytec.com.au/thermo_doors_introI just love the dark cupboards with the white and the red splashback is gorgeous!

Now we are at the stage where I can see the rooms and how they "fit in" to the rest of the house I am starting to really think about colours and finishes. I've always loved a plain white bathroom and kitchen but now that I'm actually getting closer to choosing I'm loving black and white and colours!!

We've already bought the feature tiles for the bathroom.Whilst I was flicking through the Ikea catalouge I noticed a bathroom that had wood features - I can't tell you how far away from what I would usually like that is but I love it - I can't find a picture of the bathroom online and my scanner isn't working but if you have a 2009 catalouge it's on page 268 or if you're really keen the Ikea website (http://www.ikea.com.au/) has an online catalouge. Here's a taste:At the moment I am loving the idea of the aqua feature tiles with white walls and the wood shelving and accesories. I am a bit nervous that the wood and the tiles will be too much??? Am I crazy or will this look good?

Anyway, that's where I'm at with the house. Dale is still working over there all the time doing all the little things to get ready for the next stage but nothing major - all the rooms are still in the same place!

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment